Sunday, July 15, 2012

First leg: the beginning of 3 days off in London

Secret shows, luggage consolidation, airport goodbyes, airport layovers, coffee, airport beers, in flight movie, trains, hostel, hostel pub, and now I am texting loved ones using a travel miracle called iMessage. All of these things have led me to this moment of sitting on my computer in a busy pub while a drunk local spews an increasingly loud cockney slur. I am alive in a country thousands of miles from home. I have never stayed in a hostel before. Turns out it is pretty much nothing like the 2005 horror flick that disappointed audiences across the world. It is actually pretty rad. There is a pub that is connected to the rooms upstairs and our room is a collection of about ten three story bunk beds. The pub has only been playing Red Hot Chili Peppers and sum 41 since we arrived. It is almost comical. I've started trying to meet new people in this strange collection of passerby's and short stay but its a slow going process. There will be more about that later as I don't have much information to share. Tomorrow the fun starts as we will be headed to Camdon town. Im sure Ill have more stories then. As for now I'm going to enjoy my surroundings and create something interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment