Monday, March 23, 2009

"I want to show you something"

I dreamt of you when I was young. It's the first dream I remember. Since that night you haunted my childhood sleep and showed me what the weight of the world felt like on my shoulders.

This is how you came to me the first time: I awoke from a deep sleep. I stumbled out of bed and made my way down the staircase. There were more stairs in my dream. It felt like the desent lasted a lifetime. As I reached the bottom, I could feel the tile cold on my feet. Everything was darker than usual and there was a thick undiscribable presence lingering in the air. And then I saw you. Your image was burned in my mind. Painted on the back of my eyelids.

Suspended like a puppet you hung there in front of me. You took the form of a creature of the night and although you were born with no sight, you saw me like the day. Your blind eyes dug deep into my soul.

Although you were not darknes himself, you sang his song. You bore his mark. you were his words and you were his lies. At first, you said nothing. I stood there in my infant body, trembling in fear and confusion as your wings moved slowly, ungracefully, up and down.... Up. Down.

Then you spoke.

" follow me," you said. "I want to show you something." After you spoke those words it was as if I immediatly knew what you meant. My mouth was opened as you climbed inside my head. At that point I followed you down.

That is when I woke up. After that you came much differently but I always knew it was you. Sometimes I was asleep and sometime I was awake.

It has been about a decade since I last saw you but your taste lingers in my mouth.

I hate the very sight of you.

But I think now, you are afraid...

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Really deep. I think I know to what or whom you are referring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with your permission... kind sir. I would love to incorporate this into my master thesis.

    ReplyDelete